History of Our Church

Our Lady of the Hills Parish was established in February 4, 2007.  However St. Mary of the Assumption Church was dedicated on April 16, 1868.  It was the first Catholic Church built in the Northampton area.  St. Mary of the Assumption in Northampton was the mother parish and yet they had not built their church. The land for the Haydenville church was donated by Joel Hayden, a factory owner.  The church's rectory was built in 1890.  

Priests who have served at St. Mary of the Assumption Church and later, Our Lady of the Hills Parish include Reverends Patrick Moyes, Edward Dunphy, John McMahon, William Lang, George Fitzgerald, Joseph Daley, John Roberts, Francis O'Connor (curate), John Kenney, John Mongovan, Jeremiah Murphy, Richard Hoey, Henry McKeon, William Smith, Edward Reilly, John Loftus, James Cronin, Joseph Miller, Michael Twardzik, Leo O'Neil, Lionel Edward Bonneville, Francis Sullivan, Ronald Yargeau, Michael Devlin, Donald LaPointe, William Cyr, Darius Wudarski,John Lis, Galadima Goni and Richard Bondi.

In 2004, St. Catherine of Alexandria, the Catholic Church in Leeds was yoked wih St Mary of the Assumpton in Haydenville.  Three years later on February 4, 2007, the two churches merged and became know as Our Lady of the Hills Parish after St Catherine of Alexandria was closed.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

t

 

 

To Know Christ


And Make

Him Known